Friday, February 20, 2015

Save $$$ When traveling from Bahrain to Japan! Part 2 of N

in Part 1 I brought up a nice little trick that would save you a lot of money when traveling from Bahrain to Japan; it actually works from Anywhere to Anywhere given that there are competing airlines!

Now in Part 1 I brought quite an outdated example of my own trip to Japan back in June 2014. Since am all so electric because am going yet again next march here is an updated comparison with more valid numbers; "Iki sou!!" ^_^

Am taking advantage of the beginning of Year promotions from -the worlds best- Gulf Carriers; Emirates, Qatar and Etihad. The Best airline podium is always a shuffle of those names; and they happen to have the cheapest fares too!

This Time Instead of taking BAH->DXB->HND (connecting in DOH) I have some business in Malaysia so am taking BAH->KUL->NRT (connecting in DXB).

At the time of preparing for this trip (January 2015) for my given travel dates, BAH->KUL was BD173 across Qatar and Etihad. Emirates is BD189.




I was inclined to fly Qatar, because up this point its my favorite air line, but by the time I confirmed my travel dates the fees went up to BD209 ($553) and tracking the A380 routes; Emirates they would start flying an A380-861 to KUL in March!



Etihad was still BD173 but operating an old A340-500 and longer transit times than emirates made me take Emirates Much quieter and down right cooler to ride A380 ^_^.


Lucky for me I got an "emergency window" seat on the way back from KUL->DXB super sized leg room! (Refer to SeatGuru.com to get the best seats!)





Now from KUL->NRT the cheapest was AirAsiaX (yup the one that crashed not so long ago!) They had a great offer at $299 only! (BD 113!)



But when I actually added 20Kg luggage and choose a seat for inbound and outbound it went up to 1294 MYR or $360 BD135.

So in Total Its BD189 for Emirates then BD135 for AirAsiaX, or BD324 (US$859) all the way from Bahrain to Tokyo! Nice ha? vs BD500+ ($1330+) taking a single airline directly from Bahrain!

But this about to get even cheaper! Qatar has a really nice "long term" savings, sub BD300 ($795!) in total! will leave that to part 3 ^_^

No comments: